Monday 25 August 2014

I took a night bus from Arequipa to go to Lima (1015km / 16h).

When I arrived to my accomodation early in the morning (Backpacker's Family House) I met 3 boys from United States.

Later in the evening we went together to "Parque de la Reserva".
It's a famous place in Lima where you can admire many beautiful water fountains ("El Circuito Mágico del Agua").
There is also a show combining water, music, light, images and laser effects.
Then we went to a nice restaurant called "Alfresco" where I ate a quartet of Ceviche, a grilled pepper tuna and a chocolate fondant glazed with Chicha Morada. Yummy.

The day after I did the Free Walking Tour of Lima.
We saw the changing of the Guard in the Presidential Palace and we visited the historic part of the city center.
It's a nice city but it's always cloudy because of the pollution.

The last day I did a cooking class to learn how to cook few peruvian dishes and especially  "Ceviche" and "Pisco Sour".
I was with a french couple who was also doing a world trip but by bicycle.
First we went to a local market in Miraflores to buy the different ingredients.
Then we prepared the following peruvian dishes:
1. "Tiradito de Aji Amarillo"
2. "Ceviche"
3. "Papa a la Huancaina"
4. "Lomo Saltado"
We also learnt how to prepare classic Pisco Sour & passion fruit Pisco Sour.
Finally, we ate and drunk what we did. Yummy.
I really recommend this cooking class.
The chef "Hector Aguilar Valle" is really nice and very competent.

No comments:

Post a Comment