Thursday 10 April 2014

I stayed in Manila 2 days and 2 nights.
I was waiting my friend David to go in the same time in Tagbilaran City (Bohol province / Central Visayas region).

Usually, tourists don't stay in Manila.
They prefer to go straight on one of the paradise islands of the Philippines.
But I thought it was shame to not go there to see what it looked like.

My accomodation was located near the Chinese Cemetery in the north of Manila.
The first evening I met a Filipino who is one of the guide of the Chinese Cemetery.
I invited him to dine with me in a local restaurant.
He advised me to not go out after 8pm because it's not safe.

The day after I went to the center of Manila to visit the districts of Intramuros and Chinatown.
For Intramuros, I rented a tricycle guide for 3 hours.
It's faster and you can see and learn more things.

In my accomodation I played tennis table with a Japanese guy. I was too strong for him ;)
I also met a Ukrainian who was telling me what really happen between Russia and Ukraine.

In brief I didn't enjoy Manila. It's dirty, noisy and there is not a lot of things to do.
But all Filipino I met there was really nice and friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you back on your blog !! Big hug from Mum

    ReplyDelete