Friday 23 May 2014

I arrived in Queenstown (south island of New Zealand) on saturday 19th of April.

I stayed 3 days in Queenstown in order to find the right pace and do not make the same mistake I made in Australia.

I rented a campervan for 24 days to travel in New Zealand.

I took the "Southern Scenic Route" from Queenstown to Dunedin (via Milford Sound, Te Anau and Invercargill) and I traveled along the east coast from Dunedin to Picton (via Oamaru, Timaru, Ashburton, Akaroa, Christchurch, Kaikoura, Blenheim and Nelson).

Then I took the ferry in Picton with my campervan to go to Wellington in the north island and I traveled from Wellington to Auckland (via Hasting, Napier, Taupo, Rotorua and Tauranga).

Finally I stayed 3 days in Auckland in the house of my friends Jean-Philippe, Felicity and their children Alexander and Saskia.

It was a little bit difficult to travel alone in my campervan because it was the winter and the nights were long and cold.

I used to stop for the night in the free camper grounds and sometimes in the paid camper grounds to take a hot shower and make my laundry.

I didn't meet a lot of people but sometimes I took hitchhikers.

Concerning my activities, I did:
- Scenic cruise in the Milford Sound
- Skydiving in Taupo
- Massage and Spa in Rotorua

Otherwise nothing special to say about New Zealand.
I just really enjoyed the nature and the beautiful landscapes.

I think photos and movies speak for themselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment