Friday 20 September 2013

I arrived safely in Datong.

The night train was really safe and clean.
There are four checkpoints when you take the train:
- At the entrance of the train station: passport, visa and ticket
- At the entrance of the station platform: ticket only
- When you get on in the train: ticket only
- When you are in the train: ticket only
The staff clean and sweep the wagon before each train station.

When I arrived in Datong, I didn't want to take cab or bus in order to save money.
So I asked my way to the people in the street. It took 1h30 to find my youth hostel.

Tomorrow, I'm going to visit the Yungang grottoes and the Hanging temple (Xuankongsi).

Story of the day:
While I waited my train, I met a chinese guy from Baotou (north of China).
We used a live traduction tool on his mobile phone to communicate.

1 comment:

  1. Will be following what you're up to and where you are from time to time. Make the most of it, enjoy every minute and take care.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete