Thursday 17 October 2013

I arrived in Hong Kong on Sunday in early afternoon.
My youth hostel is located in Tsim Sha Tsui in the south of Kowloon Peninsula.
My dorm bed cost three times the price of a dorm bed in China and it is worse.
I took the cheapest one but it's enough to sleep.
Hong Kong is one of the two special administrative regions of the people's republic of China.
It's a big cosmopolitan City (about 7 million people) and everything is expensive.
In the streets, a lot of peddlers tries to sell you anything (watch copies, suits, marijuana, ...).

On sunday afternoon, I just walked around and I waited until 8:00 PM to watch the symphony of light.
This show takes place every evening. There is play of light on skyscrapers with music for 15 minutes.

On monday, I went to Central by boat (Hong Kong island) to admire the skyscrapers.
After that, I went to Hong Kong park to see the aviary where there are over 600 species of bird.
Finally, I walked along the West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade.

On wednesday evening, I met the Chinese boy (George) that I met in my youth hostel in Beijing.
He invited me to the restaurant.
After that, we took the Peak Tram to see the skyscrapers by night from Victoria Peak.

Today, I'm going to take my next flight to go to Kathmandu for my trek around the Manaslu.

No comments:

Post a Comment