Wednesday 4 December 2013

Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia and it was a French colony from 1867 to 1940.
The Phnom Penh metropolitan area has about 2.2 million inhabitants.
Compared to Hồ Chí Minh City, I liked least Phnom Penh.

The first day, I walked a lot.
I went to Independence Monument, Russian Market, Olympic Stadium, Buddhist Institute and Royal Palace.
In the evening, I met a guy who lives in Melbourne in Australia (Jason) and we went to eat something in the street near our guesthouse.

The next day, we took a tuk-tuk to go to the Killing Field of Choeung Ek.
It's one of the sites in Cambodia where large numbers of people were killed and buried by the Khmer Rouge regime. There is not much to see but I learned a lot about the history of Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge regime.
In the afternoon, I just visited the Wat Phnom.
Finally, in the evening we went to the Night Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment