Monday 2 December 2013

I arrived in Hồ Chí Minh City on Monday 25th of November.
I stayed there 3 days and 4 nights.
It's a nice city and there are many things to do. I really liked it.

Hồ Chí Minh City was called Saïgon until 1975 but some Vietnamese still call it Saïgon .

The first day I just walked around.
I went to the following places:
- Financial district where there is the tallest tower of saigon, the Bitexco Financial Tower
- Saigon Opera House
- Central Post Office which was designed and constructed by the architect Gustave Eiffel
- Notre-Dame Basilica
- War Museum where I learned a lot about the war in Vietnam
- Night market

The second day, I went to Củ Chi tunnels with Antoine (the guy from Canada).
First, we visited a rehabilitation center for people affected directly or not by Agent Orange. 
Then, we visited the Củ Chi tunnels used by Viet Cong soldiers as hiding spots during combat, as well as serving as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous North Vietnamese fighters.

The third day, I went to the Mekong delta.
I took the bus to Mỹ Tho then a boat ride to the island of Bến Tre.
I tested a few local products made ​​with honey, bananas or coconuts (tea, sweets, alcohol, ...).
Finally, I biked on the island and I did a quick boat ride through the mangroves.

No comments:

Post a Comment