Saturday 7 June 2014

From Pucón I crossed the border to go to San Martín de los Andes in Argentina.
San Martín de los Andes is located in Patagonia in the province of Neuquén.

I rented a mountain bike and I cycled about 30 km inside the Lanín National Park.
I also walked in the forest along the lake.
I really liked this place. San Martin looks like a French mountain village and the landscapes in the surroundings are amazing.
I met a French guy (Yoan) in my accomodation.
He cooked onion soup for us. We ate it with cheese and croutons. Just delicious.

Then I took another bus to go to Villa la Angostura.
It's not really far from San Martin (about 108 km / 3h by bus).
The bus take the famous Road of the Seven Lakes ("Camino de los Siete Lagos" in Spanish). Name given to the provincial route 234 between San Martín de los Andes and Villa La Angostura.
Unfortunately for me the weather was not good. The scenery must be wonderful.

I stayed in Villa la Angostura just one night due to the bad weather.
The next morning the weather was not so bad so I decided to go for a walk along the lake with my Australian roommate before to take the bus to go to San Carlos de Bariloche.

San Carlos de Bariloche is located in the province of Rio Negro.
This place is very well known by the students to party after their studies.
It's also a famous place for skiing.
Cerro Catedral is one of the biggest ski centers in South America (only 19 km from Bariloche).
Moreover there are many direct flights from different countries of South America to go to Bariloche.
The weather was still bad.
So I didn't do a lot of things.
I did a trek from Cerro Catedral to Refugio Frey at 1700 meters (return trip about 20 km and 5h walking).
As you can see on the pictures there was a lot of snow.
Otherwise I enjoyed the good Argentinian food ("empanadas", "bife de chorizo con papas fritas", "flan casero", ...) and of course the good wine.

Just in case you need it here is the list of my accomodations:
San Martín de los Andes: Puma Youth Hostel
Villa la Angostura: Hostel La Angostura
San Carlos de Bariloche: Penthouse 1004

SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES


VILLA LA ANGOSTURA


SAN CARLOS DE BARILOCHE

No comments:

Post a Comment