Friday 13 June 2014

I took a bus from San Carlos de Bariloche to Mendoza (1221km / 18h40).

I stayed there 3 days and 4 nights.
My accomodation was nice and closed to the city center (Hostel Lagares).

When I arrived I met a Canadian (Brandon).
We went to walk in the city center and we met a famous Argentinian Jazz musician (Johnny Orozco). He told us a little about the story of Mendoza.
I asked him a good and cheap place to eat empanadas so we went together to a small restaurant to eat empanadas from Mendoza and drink a glass of wine. Yummy!

There is not a lot of things to do inside Mendoza.
All the activities are outside the city.
I booked a tour called "alta montaña" (high mountain).

So the day after I did a tour around the Aconcagua.
I was part of a group of 13 people (Australian, Ukrainian, Brazilian, Spanish and Argentinian).
At the end of the day we went to a "parilla" to eat all together.
It was a nice day.

The second day I did the winery tour with Brandon.
We went to Maipú and we rented bikes to visit the wineries.
After the first we were already drunk (3 glasses of wine each and 1 bottle with the lunch).
We went to another winery and we met 3 guys from Australia.
We tested again the wine (3 bottles for 5).
Finally we went to visit a olive oil factory.
We tested olive oil, tapenade, chocolates and liquors (dulce leche and vanilla).

The last day just before to take my bus to go to Buenos Aires I did one of the free walking tour of Mendoza.
It was in Spanish and I was with students of a tourism school.
But no matter it was nice and the guide was cool and she tried to translate in english just for me.

Here is a true story about the Condor birds:
The Condor birds live in couple.
If the female dies the male goes up to about 2000m and plunges to commit suicide on the rocks.
What do you think about the female if the male dies?
She finds another male of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment