Monday 23 June 2014

From Buenos Aires I took the boat to go to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay then a bus to Montevideo.

Uruguay has about 3.3 millions inhabitants.
1.8 million live in the metropolitan area of the capital Montevideo.

My accommodation wasn't nice (Ukelele Hostel).
I couldn't sleep well due to the noise.

I did the free walking tour in the oldest part of the city.

I also went to watch the first game of Uruguay against Costa Rica.
The atmosphere was amazing but Uruguay lost (1-3).

Traditional drink in South America
I forgot to say you something when I arrived in South America.
The traditional drink in South America is called "Mate".
It's a kind of tea made with a herb called " Yerba Mate" having exciting properties.
Depends of the country but it can be consumed hot or cold and sometime with sugar or honey.
To drink the "Mate" you need a cup and a straw called "Bombilla" to share it with your friends.
In Uruguay people drink the "Mate" hot without nothing.
You can see a lot of people walking in the street with their "Mate" and a thermos.

No comments:

Post a Comment