Thursday 21 November 2013

Hội An (which means "peaceful meeting place") was one of the most important international harbour in Vietnam until the early twentieth century.
Once, it was an important trading place. 
The boats stopped there to exchange silk, cinnamon, swallows' nests, tea, pepper, ...
Also, it was a stage city for water supply and to wait for the good weather before to continue on the road of China.

The Hội An Ancient Town is part of Unesco World Heritage.

It's a famous tourist spot. There are a lot of restaurant and shop.
When you walk in the street you often hear: "please please buy something!"

The weather was not really good during these three days.
4 days before, the streets were completely flooded.
So, I just walked in the streets and ate a lot too.

Every morning, I used to take my "croissant", my "pain au chocolat" and my latte coffee in a good bakery ("Cargo Club"). I went to all cheap restaurants that I found in my book ("Le Café des Amis", "Mermaid", ...).
I ate traditional Vietnamese dishes like Cao lầu (noodles, pork, and greens) and different Phở (soup).

1 comment:

  1. Dommage qu'il n'y ait pas senteurs du marché ! Ils font quoi les informaticiens... Ils se promènent ! Gros bisous Mum

    ReplyDelete