Tuesday 14 January 2014

I went to Chiang Mai to spend the new year.
I stayed there about one week.
I lived in the house of Isabelle, the sister of the neighbor of my parents in the south of France.

She bas been living in Chiang Mai for over a decade. 

She helped me to discover the surroundings and the local food.
We visited many beautiful temples (
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, Wat Phra That Doi Kham, Wat Chedi Lheam, Wat Chet Yot, Wat Chang Kham, ...) and ate in good restaurants.
We went to Tiger Kingdom and we visited many local handicraft workshops around Bo Sang (painting, wood carving, lacquering and silverware/celadon/umbrella/silk/jewelry making).

I spent a day with her friend PI. She calls him PI 3.14.
During this day, I visited the workshop of a famous carver nicknamed "The Elephant Man", a cave, a weaving workshop and a temple.
I also learned how to cook a few dishes (Green & Red Curry, Stir-Fried Morning Glory, ...).


Thank you again Isabelle for this wonderful week in Chiang Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment