Friday 31 January 2014

George Town (UNESCO World Heritage) is the capital of the state of Penang in Malaysia and is located on the north-east of Penang Island.

It was an old British colony and the town kept a lot of evidence of the English occupation.
In fact, it's a mix between ancient and modern.

It's also a city of art. There are many art galleries and artworks on the walls.

What we notice first, it's the ethnic diversity: Muslims, Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, ..
And everyone lives in peace, tolerance and harmony.

I walked a lot around the streets and I visited Fort Cornwallis.
I also stumbled upon a water monitor ("Varanus Salvator") who was swimming in the sea.

I was fed up of Asian food. 
So, I ate every day in Hindu restaurants (Cheese naan & Tandoori chicken).

I met a guy from La Pampa in Argentina who is working in Majorka (Spain).
He rent a scooter and I went with him to explore the surrounding of George Town (Penang National Park, Penang Hill, ...).
We should meet us again in Kuala Lumpur to go to
Sepang International Circuit to watch the MotoGP Pre-season Testing.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. roll-off dumpsters georgetown tx

    ReplyDelete