Tuesday 25 February 2014

I booked my bus to go from Ubud to Kintamani (North of Bali).
But surprise the next morning, it was a motorbike with my driver.
In fact, nobody was going to Kintamani so there was no bus.
It was unconfortable with my big backpack but much better to see the landscape.
The backpacker vagaries :)

When I arrived in Kintamani, I looked for an accommodation.
Fortunately, the driver was nice and he drove me to differents places.
Finaly, I found one called "Kintamani Backpackers".
It was a little bit expensive but the 4 bed dorm was nice and comes with Indonesian buffet for breakfast.

The first evening, I met an Indonesian tour guide ("Ajat") who was in the same dorm.
We ate together in a local restaurant and he gave me few advise to travel in Bali.

The next day, I rented a motorbike.
It was hard to find a cheap one but I negociated with a local guy the 2 days rental and the return by car to Ubud.

So, for 2 days I visited the surroundings by motorbike.
I went around Batur lake, Mt. Batur Volcano and Mount Agung.
I also took the opportunity to go to the hot springs.

I used to go everyday to the same local restaurant where we went the first evening with Ajat.
The owners was so nice and the food so good and cheap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment