Saturday 22 February 2014

Ubud is a town in the middle of the Indonesian island of Bali.

It's really a touristy place and well known for craft (painting, jewelry, ...), traditional dances, monkey forest and surrounding rice fields.

I didn't really enjoy this place because it's too touristy.
Whenever you go out in the street, you get harassed ("Sir Taxi ...", "Hello Massage", ...).

It's also difficult to find cheap restaurants.
To take my breakfast, I used to go to the local market from 6am to 8am because after it's tourist market and so about 4 times the usual price.

So, I didn't do a lot of things in Ubud, just a little trek in the rice fields.
I also tried the balinese massage for one hour and it's really nice.
I looked for the cheapest one in Ubud and I found one for 55000 IDR (about 3,5€).

Last thing, it's really difficult to travel in Bali using the local transportation.
Tourists use the taxi to travel but it's very expensive.
You can book transportation from travel agency to travel by minibus.
Try to book with "Perama Tour" which is one of the cheapest.
The alternative is to rent a scooter.  
Rental and petrol are cheap (about 50000 IDR for one day and 7000 IDR per liter).

No comments:

Post a Comment